Invercargill-based couple Robbie and Connie Crickett’s company, NZ Adventures, offers fully guided 4x4 tours throughout the South Island. creating the opportunity for like minded people to drive their own (or a hired 4WD) through the High Country, both pastoral and wilderness.
A special highlight of the company’s tours are the lunches on stations with the run holders on many of our trips. Accommodation is in motels, with dining in restaurants for most evening meals.
NZ Adventures is currently offering six separate tours of either five or six days duration. Robbie and Connie are also able to offer one and two-day tours around Central Otago for those people with their own 4x4 vehicles who may like a day out exploring the area off road.
These are not all out rough bush bashes but carefully designed and considered trips with an emphasis on social interaction, relaxed timeframes and more than a bit of fun with plenty of friendly support from the owner operators on each trip.
Each vehicle gets quality radio communication and a knowledgeable commentary as the trips proceed.
The six trips NZ Adventures offers are;
- The High Country Heritage, a six-day trip starting in Blenheim, travelling through Molesworth Station and continuing down the spine of the island to finish at Cardrona.
- The West Coast Explorer, a five-day tour starting in Hanmer Springs then heading to the West Coast.
- The Eastern Explorer Tour, a five-day tour starting in Geraldine and travelling through the eastern part of the island.
- The Southern Ranges Explorer, a five-day tour travelling through the vast stations of the Lindis Pass area, then traversing the tops of the Dunstan, Old Man, Bullock and Pisa Ranges.
- The Mackenzie Country Explorer, a five-day trip and the most difficult of our tours. This trip starts in Geraldine and heads straight into the South Canterbury hill country
- 46 South, a five-day trip starting in Lawrence and loosely based along the 46th parallel, an imaginary line that crosses Southland.
For more details contact Connie on 0-3-2188569 or 0275 506 727. You can also email Connie at email@example.com or visit our website-www.nzadventures.co.nz. An information pack can be sent on request.